FUNCTIONS OF RMU
· Risk Management Unit (RMU) is the fiscal guardian for projects using Public Private Partnership (PPP) approach for procurement of infrastructure projects.
· It develops guidelines in accordance with the PPP Policy and examines the requests for government support in the light of those guidelines
· It also ensures any government support – whether in a direct or contingent form – extended to a PPP project is included in the annual budget of the province.
· Ensure the performance of operational projects particularly where Government has given minimum performance guarantees.
· RMU also help FD dealing with other cases, except PPP projects, which are sent to FD for risk assessment.
· RMU also extend its expertise to the government agencies / companies / department who initiates PPP projects to resolve the bottleneck in executing the projects.