The regulation wing is responsible for making the general principles of personnel administration and ensuring consistency of treatment for all government servants in the matter of their rights and the terms and conditions of their services.
The major functions of this wing are:
- Framing, amendment and interpretation of Financial and Service Rules.
- Grant of extension in deputation period beyond three years.
- Cases of extension in joining time.
- Cases of study leave.
- Grant of Special Allowance for holding additional charge of a post.
- Cases of protection and fixation of pay.
- Grant of advance increments for higher qualifications.
- Sanction of extension in additional charge of a post beyond three months.
- Sanction of extension in extra-ordinary leave beyond the powers of Administrative Department.
- Representing the FD in Contract Appointment Regulations Committee of S&GAD, Delayed Pension Cases Disposal Committee of S&GAD, Service rules Committee of S&GAD and Standing Purchase Committee of all administrative departments.
- Sanction of reimbursement of medical claims of civil servants, which are beyond the powers of AD.
- Framing terms and conditions of contract appointment and re-employment.
- Sanction of up-gradation, down-gradation and re-designation of posts.
- Dealing with matters of Inter-Provincial Finance Secretaries Committee pertaining to pay and allowances.
- Handling Court Cases pertaining to Finance Department especially ‘Financial and Service Matters’.
- Sanction of claims of arrears of pay and allowances that are beyond the power of Administrative Departments.